As a parent of a child with a disability, I know first hand how hard it is to continue the good fight. Sometimes, we feel hopeless, helpless, and at a loss for words.
I find researching various words, and inspirational special needs quotes are helpful and uplifting to me when I’m at a low point in my life.
Raising a child with a disability is rewarding yet challenging at the same time. Many times parents have a difficult time letting go of a particular situation or problem.
In this whirlwind of a life we parents live in, it becomes difficult to remain open and positive all the time. Parents need time to unwind, relax, and reflect.
Want One-On-One Expert Help?!
CHECK THIS OUT!
My Favorite Inspirational Special Needs Quotes & Words
I find these words uplifting when I’m feeling down:
Special Needs Quotes
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ~Douglas Adams
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart!” ~Helen Keller
- “I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” ~Christopher Reeve
- “Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” ~ Martina Navratilova
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” ~Jimmy Dean
- “I choose not to place ‘DIS’ in my ability.~Robert M. Hensel
- “The only disability is a bad attitude.” ~Scott Hamilton
- “Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ~Albert Einstein
More Great Special Needs Quotes & Words of Encouragement
- Support Children Without Judgement
- All Children Want Is To Be Heard
- IEP War – A Poem For Parents
- Success Happens When You Believe
More Resources for Support as a Special Needs Parent
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Children with Special Needs: Stories of Love and Understanding for Those Who Care for Children with Disabilities
- Special Ed Parenting Facebook Group – a place where parents of children with special needs can ask questions, interact and help each other through challenges we all face.
- We offer one-on-one special education tutoring that can be done from anywhere you are! Why? Because our special education experts conduct their sessions online! Get started with a free consultation!
These words and special needs quotes have always inspired me to continue to push for what I believe in and to continue to advocate for my child. The road less traveled is never the easiest, but it’s the road worth taking.
The adversity you experience in your walk as a parent with a special needs child will never compare to the accomplishments that you will experience.
There will be times when you, as a parent, feel like you will never see the bigger picture or the light at the end of the tunnel. However, I encourage you to never give up faith!
Continue to advocate and believe in your child. The child needs to know that someone believes in him/her.
Never give up on something that you believe in, even if no one else believes it. You are the parent and the one that knows what is best for your child and knows what your child can achieve.
Remember, progress is progress, no matter how little. Continue to be your child’s biggest and best fan (advocate)!
At the end of the day, when you are reflecting on the positives and negatives, remember that it will all be ok, and “it will all come out in the wash.”
Share Your Favorite Special Needs Quote Below!
Some times it is really hard to stay positive, these are great quotes to keep it things going.
I love these quotes and I feel they apply to parenthood in general! Super inspiring.
This is such a great post!!! Parents always need to encourage their kids no matter what. It’s a great way to help them grow and build confidence
Great quotes. Even though I don’t kids, the quotes are very inspirational. And importantly, in life and with people of all kinds of abilities, focus on the positives. Wonderful inspirational post.
This is a great article and very up-lifting. Everyone goes through up and downs and It’s great to have something to read like this to give you a boost and to remember like you have said ‘that everything will be ok’ ?